The Day of the Open House
- Drive your directions.
- Carefully place at least 7 directional signs approaching the open house 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Tour the house to be certain that sellers have tucked away valuables.
- Address eyesores....stinky litter box, messy room, dirty ashtray, etc.
- The house should be well lit with 150 watt bulbs.
- Open all window treatments.
- Closely check all bathrooms for cleanliness.
- Use scented candles and potpourri as appropriate, but not to cover smells.
- Soft, pleasant music and a burning fireplace in the winter set the mood.
- Set the table with nice dinnerware, flatware and crystal.
- Setting the mood is very important. Buyers purchase with their emotions.
- Greet each prospect at the door and set the agenda.
- Have each prospect sign in and obtain written permission to call with follow-up information.
- Let each person tour the house alone.
- Reconvene with each prospect after they tour the home; give them a brochure and set an appointment or get further information for follow-up.
Next....After the Open House